Thursday, March 15, 2012

God Bless America


AUTHOR:Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)
QUOTATION:“Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

  “A Republic, if you can keep it.”

I love this quote. So true. It makes me not only want to vote, but also do everything ever to support the country we are so blessed to live in. If we are going to have a government "by the people and for the people," then we (the people), need to vote and be involved in supporting our nation in any way we can.

I love to teach my first graders about America. I teach them the National Anthem and we sing it every single day as part of our morning routine. (In fact, my class last year got to perform the National Anthem as an intro to a concert!!! So cool!!!) They LOVE it. They love being Americans. It makes me all mushy inside.

Whenever I talk to my first graders about America, they tell me about family members and friends they have that are in the military. I love to see the support they have for our troops. I can just see it now, those little 6 year olds saying their prayers and blessing the soldiers... and what a great example those kids are.

What a blessing it is to live in such a great nation. I'm so thankful to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. God Bless America, and God Bless all of YOU! Have an incredibly wonderful evening! :) Love, me! :)

God Bless the USA


No comments:

Post a Comment