Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patty's Day :)


Irish Toast
It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money!

Irish Saying
There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! :) I have to share the fun things my class and I did yesterday to celebrate. It's SO fun to make a fun day for kids. They get so into it. Definitely, if you want to have an awesome day, spend it making it a fun day for children. :)

When the kids came in the morning, the classroom was destroyed. A total mess. Our candy was "stolen," and everything green in our room was "gone" because of the leprechaun. BUT... he left behind his hat. So we had leverage. We made a class leprechaun trap to catch him and get our candy back. In the end, he got away, but we ended up trading the hat to get all our stuff back.

I also was worried that not everyone would wear green, because it wasn't "officially" St. Patrick's Day. SO... I cut out some shamrocks and stapled them to stickers and let everyone make up their own "leprechaun name." We had some crazy ones like "Green Ninja" (#'s 1, 2, and 3 because so many boys liked the name) and "Lucky Billy" (Lucky Billy was a girl). Mine was "Crazy Green Lady" because I was wearing the brightest lime green jacket ever!!!



The best part of the day was the scavenger hunt. After lunch, there was a "clue" inside the leprechaun trap telling us where we might find him. We went to the cafeteria, the library, sang songs in the office, it was a blast. My other favorite part of the day was when the kids told me I could not eat lunch with them (cause I usually eat with my students on Fridays) because they wanted me to guard the leprechaun trap. They were hilarious yesterday. :)

I also added pictures from the art project we did. We wrote what makes us feel lucky and what we would do with a pot of gold. It was fun!!! Hope you guys are having a fabulous St. Patrick's Day!! Love, me!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment