Saturday, March 24, 2012

Courage :)






I love this scene from The Princess Diaries. In the movie, the princess is about to give up her royalty and go somewhere else because the change is too hard. Aren't there times in our lives where we fear that change is too hard?

I love the part where he mentions that courage is the judgment that something else is more important than fear. To me that means that you are most courageous when you choose to do something DESPITE the fact that you are afraid. I love that.

My husband and I are at a point in our lives where we are making a lot of important decisions: i.e. where we will go to law school, work, live, start our new life. It's scary to think of any change from where we already are, because I LOVE where we are. Who knows, we may not need to leave this place at all. But I need to prepare my heart to be ok with leaving all my loved ones here: my friends, my students, my co-workers, in case that is what we need to do. I need to be prepared to support my sweet husband. That way, even if we do stay here, he knows that I was ready and willing to make that change because sometimes the change will be the best thing to do.

 People of the world, LET'S BE COURAGEOUS! Let's do the impossible! Let's be our best selves. We can do it! :) Have a BEAUTIFUL Saturday. Love, me! :)

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. From now on you'll be traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. The key is to allow yourself to make the journey."


No comments:

Post a Comment